Without faith it is impossible to please God. All Christians (baby and mature) know this. We can recite it easily. But the true question is do you live by it? Does your daily actions and words reflect your faith in Christ. There are many things I am believing God for, but the Lord said to me until my faith is deeply rooted and grounded in my heart I won't able to access or maintain the things He has promised to give me. Sometimes our delays are not always from the devil. Sometimes it's our own faith level that hinders our breakthroughs, deliverances, and promises from being manifested.
The Word of God instructs us to walk by faith daily (2 Corinthians 5:7). Not every now and then. Not when we feel like it, but every day! So how do we do this! How do we truly walk by faith. First and foremost, faith has to be developed in our hearts. Now, you are thinking, "How do I do that?" I am glad you asked or thought it in your mind! I have some revelations for you. Let's talk about them!
1. Look to Jesus as the Author and Finisher of Your Faith-The reason why you are a Christian is because you accepted Jesus in your heart as your Lord and Savior. Though you have never physically seen Him, in your heart you believe He exists and exists inside of you. This is the reason why Jesus is the Author and Finisher of your faith (Hebrews 12:2). To develop faith in your heart you must look and keep your focus on Jesus. The more you allow Jesus to reside in your heart, the more your faith will increase and develop.
2. Let His Word Take Root In Your Heart-Faith is developed is when we know the will of God and the will of God is found in the Word of God. Jesus said in John 15:7 (AMP), "If you remain in Me and My words remain in you [that is, if we are vitally united and My message lives in your heart], ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you." In other words, if you let the Word of God take root in your heart by studying, meditating, and speaking it, whatever you believe and ask for in prayer will be granted to you. When you know you the Word of God you can stand on it and make it the final authority in your life. People with high levels of faith have the Word of God rooted deeply in their heart.
3. Study And Meditate on The Word Daily-Apostle Paul said faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). The more you study and meditate on the Word of God, the more your faith will develop. Always read the bible with the assistance of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will reveal to you mysteries and revelations from the Word that you can meditate on and then apply to your life. Understand, faith without works is dead. So you need you to act on the Word (speak it and obey it) before you can see it's manifestation in your life.
4. Speak The Word-One of my favorite scriptures is 2 Corinthians 4:13 and it says, "It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak. When faith is developed in our hearts it is evident in the words we speak. People with developed and mature faith speak the Word of God constantly. It is apart of their daily spiritual regiment. Life and death is in the power of the tongue and God's Word is life. The words you speak determine your faith level. If faith is deeply rooted in your heart the Word of God should be consistently spoken out of your mouth.
5. Prayer, Prayer, and Prayer-How do you seal faith in you heart? You do it through daily prayer and intimacy with God. Jesus is the Author of your faith and He is the Finisher. A active a prayer life allows Jesus to continue developing your faith. If you prayer life is nonsexist, so is your faith. Prayer kindles your faith. Low prayer, low faith.
I pray these revelations help you develop your faith. Faith has to be rooted in your heart and applied in your daily life. This is the type of faith that God is pleased with.
Did this blog post bless you? If so, share with it others!